Every other year we go to the Jersey Shore for a big family reunion! Last time we went Claire was Aubrey's age so I was excited for all of my Aunts, Uncles and cousins to get to know Claire better and to meet Aubrey. And the past two times I've been pregnant and nauseous so I was excited to be able to relax. The flight there started off rough...Aubrey busted my lip with a toy and she cried most of the flight. Luckily the people around us on the plane were super nice and understanding. Claire was awesome and could probably fly by herself if I let her. The beachhouse we stayed in was perfect for the girls, no steps, a great balcony with views of the beach and lots of room to play. We stayed pretty busy all week...
On Monday some went crabbing! Claire and Brad and I went up to the bay to watch them come in with their catch.
The girls LOVE the beach. The water was freezing and they didn't seem to care! I was really proud of myself for doing so well with the sunscreen...no burned babies! We played horseshoes and Claire loved playing with my cousin's kids! It's a good thing our house was close to the beach because Claire would put one foot into the ocean and have to go to the bathroom (and not the kind you can just do in the water).
Since we had so many babysitters around, Brad and I were able to go out to dinner one night!
On Wendsday we rented bikes and rode on the boardwalk. It was a little foggy but again, the girls had a blast.
That night we went to eat Mack's pizza and ride rides on the boardwalk. I don't think I've ever seen Claire so excited. Aubrey was a grump.
Brad and my Dad took Claire fishing. They didn't catch any fish but they had fun!
The girls were so tired from all the activity that naps were almost a given everyday!
We ate out a lot and played games in the evenings.
It's a tradition to have a putt-putt tournament! Brad and I went with my brother and sister! My Dad won...I am terrible.
The week flew by. We actually have an awards night at the end of the week. I didn't get any pictures of that but it's always a blast! I loved watching my girls experience new things and my parents loved spending the week with them. On Sat. we drove to Philly to visit my Dad's side of the family!
My Nanny was recently put into a home so we went to visit her. It was very hard...I cried. She doesn't speak anymore, but the funny thing was she kept patting my stomach and smiling like I was pregnant. I told her I just ate too much on vacation ;)I am glad to know she is well taken care of.
We celebrated my cousin Jill's son Cale's 3rd birthday and met my cousin Kim's baby Brooke!
The flight home was easier. The flight attendent let Claire announce "Welcome aboard" over the speaker. Aubrey slept the whole way. We made such wonderful memories and I can't wait to go back again in two years!
Wednesday, July 27, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What a beautiful way to chronicle our week's vacation!
Post a Comment