Sunday, September 18, 2011

Hot Air Balloon Festival

We had no plans for this weekend...so what did we do? Make plans! Brad wanted to take us to the Hot Air Balloon Festival in Plano on Sat. morning. We had to get up at 5:15 to get dressed, pack food and drinks and get the girls up. By 5:45 we were all in the car and ready to go. The girls were confused about why it was dark outside and they were a little grumpy (and Aubrey had a slight fever) but we were going darn it! I am so glad I brought the double stroller because it was quite a walk to where they inflated the balloons. We had great seats and watched as 40+ hot air balloons were blown up. Unfortunatley, there were some low clouds so they did not launch the balloons. It was still fun! They had a play area with blow up slides and fair food! We bought some breakfast tacos and tickets so that Claire could play and get her face painted. She is fearless... We were home by 10:30 and spent the rest of the day watching college football. Thanks Brad for a great day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun! I love Aubrey's face! So if anyone ever wanted to take me on a hot air balloon I would just have to pray for low clouds?

Grandmom said...

I love the girls' faces looking at the balloons....you do such fun things with the girls....making wonderful memories.