Wednesday, September 14, 2011
House for Sale
Our house has been on the market for FOUR months now. We listed it at the begining of the summer because Brad's commute is killing him (an hour each way up to Frisco) and we want to live somewhere with really good public schools. I didn't think it would sell immediately, but I didn't think it would take this long either. Since listing it we have had an open house, about 50 showings and have reduced the price by $10,000. The feedback is always frustratingly positive. Everyone seems to love the house, but not that it is on the corner of a busy street, or they don't like the sunken in family room, or the power lines in the back. A couple of times we were close to an offer, but the buyers would decide to go with another house. It is getting increasingly harder to keep the house spotless at every moment and I am running out of things to do with the girls while we are kicked out of the house for a showing. Claire is still trying to grasp the idea of strangers coming into her house and wants me to assure her that they will not touch her things in her room. I have mixed feelings about moving...I will miss my friends SO much and I love the preschool and dance class Claire is going to. But I would love to have brad home sooner and closer to home. The amount of $ we spend on gas and tolls a month is insane! And I admit, it is exciting to think of moving into a nice new home with a pool! We have decided to give it through October and if it still hasn't sold we will take it off the market and try again next spring..there is no way I am showing a house over the holidays! I have been in contact with the show "House Hunters" and there is a chance we will appear on the show...however the secret is you must be under contract with your new home before they will film you "looking" for a house and we of course must sell this one first before we make an offer on a new one. Keep your fingers crossed for us!
http://www.trulia.com/property/3053932816-2500-High-Oak-Dr-Arlington-TX-76012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Okay, I know we all keep hoping your house doesn't sell, but we're being selfish. I can't imagine how frustrating it is. I *guess* I'll hope for a super interested buyer. :(
Ditto what Elizabeth said!
Post a Comment