Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving this year. I have so much to be thankful for that I don't know where to begin. I count my blessings every night and we all enjoyed being with family! Before we left for Houston to spend the holiday at my parents house, we "ran" a 5k. It was the Prairie Lights race where you get a sneak peak at all of the Christmas lights. It was cold and raining, but the girls had fun...I am in the middle of training for a 5k so we ran some of it but I plan to run a 5k in Dec.
The usual 4 hour drive became 5 due to holiday traffic but we made it to Houston! My sister and her boyfriend were there, my brother drove down from Dallas too and my cousin Ashley who is currently stationed at a base in San Antonio for the Navy took a bus and spent Thanksgiving with us! Claire and Alli doing a puzzle...Claire can do 100-150 piece puzzles now.
Claire helped my Mom make dinner.It was amazing and we were all stuffed.
I gave Claire some sparkling cider and the bubbles made her make this face after each sip.





















Aubrey waiting for the turkey to be ready.





















This is the first year we are doing the Elf on the Shelf. The girls love looking for him every morning and I can't tell you how many times I have already said "The elf is watching, you better be good".





















It has been so long since I've been to my sister's loft downtown so we took the girls for a visit. She has so much style, I am not sure how we are sisters...
My brother had to go home early but the rest of us went out to dinner!





















I took about 40 pictures of the girls in these cute Christmas dresses in the hopes of getting that perfect Christmas card picture. FAIL.

3 comments:

Grandmom said...

It was just the perfect Thanksgiving! You got some beautiful pictures (with a few exceptions of Grandmom in the pilgrim hat).I just love the time with my grandbabies!

Anonymous said...

I had a great time too! I miss the girls already!

etphonehome21 said...

Looks like you had a GREAT time with your family. I seriously want to live in your sister's loft!