Saturday, August 2, 2008

Claire is 6 Months Old!








I can't believe my baby is already a half a year old. She is growing up so fast and I am so lucky that I get to spend every day with her! Her 6 month checkup is on Monday...I'll blog about the Dr. visit later, but I thought in honor of her half birthday I would share some fun facts:
Claire was born on 2/2 and I was born on 2/22 which is fun if your a number person like I am! 2/2 is also Groundhog Day...which means I've heard a dozen times "Did she see her shadow when she came out?"

When Claire was born the Pope was in the US...the last time a Pope was here was when I was born.
Currently her favorite thing to play with is an empty water bottle.
She loves to make a high pitched screeching singing sound that has Aunt Alli calling her "Clairadactyl" and "Mariah Clairey."

Most common comments we get from strangers when we are out:
"What a happy baby"
"She is such a beautiful baby"
"She has a perfectly shaped head"
"I'm going to take her home with me"
But the most memorable has to be the crazy man that came up to me in the grocery store parking lot and said "My baby is 23 and in the Navy... nah nah na nah nah."

I've only tripped once while holding her but I managed to not drop her or land on her...but that meant I had to sacrifice my own body and ended up with a pretty gash and giant bruise on each shin for about a week!

My favorite moment: I was holding Claire and she looked at me, tilted her head to the side, put her hands on my face and smiled as if to say thank you for taking care of me Mom. I just love her!!!

2 comments:

Grandmom said...

Happy 6 months birthday to my beautiful grandbaby. We love you and think you are the most precious baby ever.
Love, Grandmom

Heather said...

Happy 1/2yr Birthday, Claire! We love you!