On Saturday Brad, Claire and I participated in the 5K Jingle Bell Run! Brad and I ran it a few years ago...where I was notoriously passed up by an overweight, heavily breathing Bull dog. I was a little nervous this year because we would be pushing Claire's stroller and I really am not a runner. It was a fun race...Claire LOVED all the dogs and was super for the whole race! We finished in 38 minutes...but I will admit we had to take a little short cut due to a car fire. My main motivation came from a speed walking elf. Brad pointed her out and told me I had to at least beat her. I was tough...but we did it! Downtown Ft. Worth is really pretty this time of year. I hope to make this a family tradition!
Sunday, December 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
You go girl! That is so fun. I love traditions:)
Girl! I didn't know you were running! Did Brad push the stroller? Claire looks cute in her outfit.
Way to go! Sounds like a fun tradition!
Good for you, Lisa! Way to beat the elf! Sounds like a fun way to exercise and enjoy the Christmas season. Who knows.... maybe Robert and I will join you one year.
I just wanted to chime in here and say that Lisa did great! It took her a little while to find a pace that worked, but by the end of the race she had a nice, consistent pace.
The elf was doomed for sure!
That's so awesome!! Way to go!!
Sounds like it was a lot of fun!
Post a Comment