Saturday, October 10, 2009

Our Little Model

We took Claire to the Dallas Child model search this morning at the North Park mall. I was watching PBS earlier this week and saw an ad mentioned about it and thought...what the heck...if anything it will be funny to see how she handles herself! So I registered her online and paid the $35 fee. We got there at 10:00am and waited in a long line full of beautiful children ages 1-12 who seemed to be able to pose and smile on command.... hhmmm. We had to get a number for her to hold as she walked down the runway and I had to answer some questions about her (What does she want to be when she grows up ?: I put a princess. And If she could live anywhere in the world where would it be?: I put...home). Look, I'm new at this thing...not a pro like some of the stage Mom's that were there. At this point I'm thinking, yeah right, there is no way I'm getting a 20 month old to walk by herself down a runway in front of a large crowd. But we drove all the way there and Brad was waiting with the camera so I figured, lets go make a memory. When it was her turn she did her thing! Just marched down the runway like we had practiced it 100 times. We were so proud of her and the judges smiled and laughed. It was a fun experience...we won't do it again though. It's a lot of work...not a ton of fun for the kids and I'm just not sure this is what Claire is destined to do ;)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, she did great! She's a pro!

CJAS said...

Good Job Claire :) She is adorable :)

Grandmom said...

Another video that just makes me smile when I watch it! She's too cute!