Sunday, January 8, 2012

My First 5K

A few months ago I started the Couch to 5k program. It literally takes a couch potato like me to someone who can run a 5k in 9 weeks. I started training in Oct. I ran three times a week at River Legacy park without fail...usually pushing at least one of the girls in the double stroller. I slowly started to run longer distances without stopping. Brad got excited that I was interested in running so he would "coach" me and run with me on the weekends. I even subscribed to a running magazine. I signed up for the Jingle Bell run in Dallas the week before Christmas, but Claire threw up all over herself and the car as soon as we got there so I couldn't run. So I signed up for the Jiggle Butt run here in Arlington! My friends Amber and Veronica ran it too. I really enjoyed the race day activities and atmosphere. I've cheered on Brad and my Dad many times but have never been on this side of the start line. I had two goals...run the whole thing and do it in under 30 minutes. I was nervous because I trained so hard and Brad and the girls were there to cheer me on. Well, I did it! My official chip time was 29:16. I have been bitten by the run bug. I look forward to more races and am considering a 10k in the near future ;)

2 comments:

Grandmom said...

Great job Lisa....it's in the genes!

etphonehome21 said...

You go buddy!!!