Sunday, January 8, 2012

A Special Shower

I met Czarina 2 1/2 years ago at Stroller Strides. She was new and she looked nervous. She had a brand new baby girl...and a Tech t-shirt on so I introduced myself and quickly realized she was good friend material. She was smart, funny, determined, emotional, honest and nice. Instant friend!I mean, we've been to a Britney Spears concert together and I've heard her yell and scream at football games...so it's pretty serious ;) She threw a baby shower for me when I was pregnant with Aubrey, so naturally I wanted to throw her a baby shower for her second baby, a boy. His name is Evan and he is very special. A gift from God and a fighter. I asked Czarina more than once if I could have a shower for her and she was understandabley hesitant. But she is also strong, and she decided to celebrate her little boy. Some friends and I hosted a sports themed party this weekend. There were happy and sad tears, but I saw her smile and laugh a lot during the shower and that made me happy. He will be here in a few weeks and I hope she knows how many of us are here for her and praying for her and her family. He's a lucky boy in my eyes.

The cake. It says "Our Little Warrior Evan"
The party favors...everyone took home a candle to light when Evan is born.
Looking good!
We played a game called "Spit the Pacifier"...some of these girls can spit!

2 comments:

Grandmom said...

Lisa, the house looked great, your message very sweet...good friends really are a blessing in life....glad you are surrounded by such wonderful friends.

etphonehome21 said...

I agree with your Mom, perfect message. I was honored to help throw the shower. LOVE the spitting photos!!!