Monday, April 20, 2009

Our Weekend

No pictures with this post...can you believe it?! We were supposed to go to Longview this weekend to meet our new nephew Daniel who was adopted by Brad's sister and her husband. But Claire came down with a cold and the last thing I wanted to do was get the baby sick. I now have the same cold and have been lying around since last night like a slug. Luckily Claire is pretty good at entertaining herself. Anyways, we will meet baby Daniel soon! On Sat. Brad took the shelves and drawers out of the fridge and scrubbed it down until it looked like new! I'm surprised we didn't all have food poisoning...that thing was nasty!!! We went to Brad's church yesterday and for the very first time we dropped Claire off at the nursery. She did great! She wasn't scared when we left. When we picked her up she was crying, but the lady said she was great the whole time and just started crying when her friends were leaving. In the afternoon we went to Ft. Worth for the art festival. Brad and I have gone 3 times before...it's so nice to walk around and look at all the great art. And here is the bonus...there was a band that looked and sounded like the Beatles playing!!! They were called "Me and My Monkey" and they were great. We stopped to watch them for awhile and Claire danced and clapped! Count this as my 6th time to see a band that looks and sounds like the Beatles. So now Claire and I are recovering from our colds and getting ready for Brad's birthday this weekend!

4 comments:

CJAS said...

So sorry to hear about your cold ! Hope you feel better soon :) Wish I was there I could take Claire for you.
Good luck !

etphonehome21 said...

It must be going around. Gracie got sick on Thursday and both David and I started feeling bad yesterday. I hope y'all start feeling better soon.

Lesli said...

It must be. Morgan had the ear infection Tuesday & then I came down with the cooties Thursday & laid around all weekend!! Hope everyone gets better quickly!!

Grandmom said...

Wish I was closer to take care of you all. Drink lots of orange juice and wash your hands often.