Sunday, May 3, 2009

Visiting Mimi
















We left for Lubbock last Tuesday when we got the news that Brad's Mom was not doing well and was given only days to weeks to live. We were able to enjoy six days with her and the rest of the family. Although she was very tired and uncomfortable, she was able to enjoy her time with her grandchildren. We got to meet our new nephew Daniel, and Claire was able to get out and play while we were there! We took her to the Science Spectrum, the park, out to eat, the church playground and anywhere else where she could wear herself out! It was very hard to say goodbye but we are thankful for these special moments we got to have with her.

7 comments:

Vandi said...

Brad and Lisa,
We are praying and thinking about your family in this difficult time.

Todd and Vandi

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, Lisa. Our hearts and prayers go out to you all. I can't imagine what you all have experienced over the last week, but please let me know if there is anything we can do to help.

Meredith said...

Words can't express how much my heart aches for you guys. I hope you know we're praying for Brad's sweet mother and the family! I'm so glad you got to enjoy precious time with Mimi!
We love you all!

Mrs. Wilson said...

I know how difficult it is right now. You and Brad will cherish the time that Claire got to spend with Mimi. I will be praying for you.

CJAS said...

I am so sorry you both have to go through such a difficult time. Please let me know if you need anything.

Grandmom said...

You all know how my heart breaks for you all. You will look back on this past week and be so glad that you gave yourselves and Claire time with Mimi. I know she must have loved the time with her grandchildren.

Marc, Carlye, Georgia and Sarah Jane said...

Thank you for posting pictures of your sweet mother in law. It's great to see a face that will someday be familiar in heaven!! Praying for you guys!