Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Goodbye Mimi




We got back last night from Brad's Moms funeral and burial. We drove to Lubbock on Sat. The viewing was on Sunday and the funeral on Monday. Both were very difficult but the amount of friends and family that came to support Brad and his family was amazing. This was the first funeral I have ever been to so I was kind of a mess...sorry Brad for having to comfort me at times instead of the other way around. I didn't want Claire to see her Mimi because I want all of her memories to be of Mimi alive and happy. There was always someone there to babysit Claire and that was so helpful. We drove to College Station after the funeral on Monday for the burial on Tuesday. My parents met us there and again it was a beautiful service. We know Mimi is at peace now. We will miss her, but I will try my best to make sure Claire knows how much Mimi loved her!




6 comments:

Grandmom said...

Kay was a wonderful mother and grandmother..we will all make sure that Claire knows how special she was to her Mimi.

Meredith said...

Reading about sweet Mrs. Parsons brings tears to my eyes. I know it must have been a tough weekend for everyone! Prayers will continue for the family!
I'm glad you all got to spend some special time with Mimi!

Giggles said...

We enjoyed getting to see you all and spending time with you even though the circumstances were not ideal. Aunt Kay was a wonderful person and was such a wonderful example of a wife, mother and Christian and though she will be missed, it is nice to know that she is no longer suffering. We will help Claire remember her wonderful Mimi.

Unknown said...

I read the obituary online - she sounded like a great lady. We will continue to think of you all and keep you in our prayers.

Heather said...

I had no idea that that was your first funeral. Please don't appologize for crying. Believe me... I've had my fair share of crying, I just did most of it before mom died. It was really hard being there, watching her die, but I wouldn't have it any other way. She loved you so much, and was so proud to have you as her daughter inlaw. And I too, of course, will help Claire know how special her Mimi was and how much Mimi adored her.

William said...

Those pictures of Claire with Mimi will mean so much to her as she gets older. She certainly looks like a wonderful lady. Your family is in our thoughts and prayers.