Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Goodbye Tina


When Brad and I were in college I bought him a chocolate lab puppy that we named Sadie. Two years later she had 14 puppies and we decided to keep one. We picked the best puppy in the litter. She had a ton of personality and was super cute. We named her Athena and called her Tina for short. She has been a part of our family for 10 years. She could be annoying and had a lot of energy, but she was the friendliest, most loving dog I've ever met. I trusted her with Claire and knew she would never hurt anyone. We've had some close calls in the past with her running away and such. Unfortunately, the day we came home from the hospital with Aubrey, she ran out of the gate and was hit by a car on Bowen. Brad took her to a vet and was told she needed to be out down. She was paralyzed. Brad was with her at the end and assured me that she didn't seem to be in any pain. Claire asks where she is almost every day and I just tell her she went to be with the animals. She was a good dog and we miss her very much.

3 comments:

Brad said...

She was a good dog! This is my favorite picture of her.

Czarina said...

Makes me so sad. All dogs go to Heaven. She's sniffing clouds as we speak!

Vandi said...

I remember those 14 puppies and she did have a lot of spunk!! So sorry for your loss.