Last week I had my weekly check up with Dr. Atkins. As he is examining me I hear him say "hhhmmmm". "What?" I ask. He tells me he doesn't think she is head down and sends me to get a sonogram to be sure. Well he is a good Dr. and he was right... she was breech! So he gives me a few options...1. C-section 2. He could try to turn her 3. Wait and see if she turns herself. It was a pretty easy decision for me...I didn't even call Brad to discuss it. We scheduled the surgery for the next morning. I called Brad and my family to tell them the news and they all headed my way. The next morning went by really fast, but I remember walking into the operating room and getting really nervous. This was my first c-section. The anaesthesiologist was super nice and of course I didn't feel a thing. Brad held my hand and got a great video of Aubrey's birth. Her feet were born a few minutes before her head. When she came out she was having trouble breathing so they had to call the NICU nurses. She eventually got better and I was able to hold her as I was wheeled to recovery. She weighed 6lbs 14oz. I began to breastfeed immediately and got to introduce her to my family and her big sister. I spent 2 days in the hospital and they let me go home Friday. I have recovered very quickly...I barely needed any pain meds. Claire is an amazing big sister and loves Aubrey. She asks to hold her everyday. She wants to look at her bellybutton, give her hugs and kisses, and tells me '/ouch" when I burp her because I pat her back hard. Aubrey is adorable. She looks just like me. I am feeding her every 2 hours because she is jaundice and lost a lot of weight the first few days. We are still adjusting to our new family, but my Mom is here to help and that saves me. I love Aubrey as much as I love Claire. I can't wait to show her off once everything settles down...lots of Dr. appts for the both of us. brad loves his girls and we are so happy to be a family of four!!!
Wednesday, February 24, 2010
Welcome Aubrey Jane!
Last week I had my weekly check up with Dr. Atkins. As he is examining me I hear him say "hhhmmmm". "What?" I ask. He tells me he doesn't think she is head down and sends me to get a sonogram to be sure. Well he is a good Dr. and he was right... she was breech! So he gives me a few options...1. C-section 2. He could try to turn her 3. Wait and see if she turns herself. It was a pretty easy decision for me...I didn't even call Brad to discuss it. We scheduled the surgery for the next morning. I called Brad and my family to tell them the news and they all headed my way. The next morning went by really fast, but I remember walking into the operating room and getting really nervous. This was my first c-section. The anaesthesiologist was super nice and of course I didn't feel a thing. Brad held my hand and got a great video of Aubrey's birth. Her feet were born a few minutes before her head. When she came out she was having trouble breathing so they had to call the NICU nurses. She eventually got better and I was able to hold her as I was wheeled to recovery. She weighed 6lbs 14oz. I began to breastfeed immediately and got to introduce her to my family and her big sister. I spent 2 days in the hospital and they let me go home Friday. I have recovered very quickly...I barely needed any pain meds. Claire is an amazing big sister and loves Aubrey. She asks to hold her everyday. She wants to look at her bellybutton, give her hugs and kisses, and tells me '/ouch" when I burp her because I pat her back hard. Aubrey is adorable. She looks just like me. I am feeding her every 2 hours because she is jaundice and lost a lot of weight the first few days. We are still adjusting to our new family, but my Mom is here to help and that saves me. I love Aubrey as much as I love Claire. I can't wait to show her off once everything settles down...lots of Dr. appts for the both of us. brad loves his girls and we are so happy to be a family of four!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
So happy for you! Can't wait to meet her!
I'm so happy to hear everything went and is going well. YAY!
It is a beautiful family and I feel so blessed everytime I look at them. Brad and Lisa just beam, Claire is the best big sister, and Aubrey is perfect.
She is BEAUTIFUL! Congratulations to your sweet family! :)
Congratulations Lisa:) Aubrey is beautiful and the photos are all gorgeous. You all look wonderful and so happy : ) I can't wait to meet mini Lisa ;) Claire is such a nice big sister ! CONGRATS !!!!
She is a perfect little doll baby! I can't wait to meet her and bring you guys dinner :)
what a beautiful family of 4! i cant wait to meet miss aubrey!
so happy for you all and glad to hear you're doing well! can't wait to meet her someday hopefully soon!
She is such a doll. I just love the picture of Claire with her. That is the sweetest thing! So glad that everything went well and that Aubrey is finally here. We want to see her as soon as possible!
Post a Comment