Sunday, February 22, 2009

Hello 30







Well, I turned 30 today! It was a great weekend so I didn't have time to feel old ;) Our good friends Mike and Cortney came up from Houston on Sat. to see Claire and pay up on our yearly bet. Mike and I worked together in Houston (my first job out of college) and we have been great friends ever since! They are Aggies so every year we make a bet on the Tech/ATM football game...loser has to pay for the other couple's dinner. So for the past 7 or so years we have been doing this I think we've had to pay once!!! Anyways we got a babysitter (thanks so much Nancy and Marshall) and we went out to a nice dinner and had a blast catching up. We only get to see each other about once or twice a year and I miss their kids (I am their son's Godmother). So that was great. Then Sunday morning Brad got up with Claire, we went to my church, he baked me a cake (see picture of Claire after devouring it) and made us dinner! I had a relaxing day thanks to him...it was the best! Oh and my brother came over to wish me a happy birthday!!I got a ton of birthday well wishes, thanks everyone, you make me feel special! My parents gift to me is to watch Claire while we go on an overnight trip (on them)! I already have the bed and breakfast/ spa picked out...I think we will go in April for our anniversary. I'm ready to make my 30's three times as better as my 20's were!!!!

8 comments:

Meredith said...

I'm so glad you had a good birthday. It sounds like Brad treated you like a queen and you deserve it!
Enjoy the rest of your bday!
I love you! Happy Birthday!!

Becky Todd said...

Sounds like a great weekend! Happy Birthday! :)

Vandi said...

Happy Birthday Lisa!!! It looks like the two best presents are right next to you!! Sounds like you had a wonderful time.

Grandmom said...

So glad you had a great day. Wish we could have been there with you, but will see you in a few days...I'm so happy Brad made you a cake....you know how I am about haveing a birthday cake!!!

Heather said...

Glad you had a great birthday! Hope you enjoy your 30's like I am enjoying mine. :)

Heather said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
etphonehome21 said...

Happy Birthday Lisa! That's present from your parents sounds awesome.

Marc, Carlye, Georgia and Sarah Jane said...

I can't believe I missed your birthday. Hope it was great. Does 30 feel any different? I'm coming up on it in October.