Sunday, February 1, 2009

Happy 1st Birthday!














































We celebrated Claire's 1st birthday this weekend with family and close friends. It was such a special day and we are just so lucky to have so many people that love Claire. She was such a good girl all day and she wants to say a big thank you to everyone who came to celebrate with her! I only cried once...when I opened a card from my parents and found that her 1st year of college is paid for! I didn't get to take a lot of pictures because I was busy with Claire and the party but it was so fun...lots of presents, cake and good times with everyone! She goes to the doctor next week so I will update you then with her stats! Here are a few facts about Claire at one year old:
- Claire can say eyes, hi, howdy, duck, dada, mama and can sign more, all done, eat, drink and she waves
- She eats everything that we eat and I haven't found anything she doesn't like (except milk and water which is why I am still breastfeeding her)
- Claire is the sweetest little girl and has a great personality. She makes my laugh everyday.
- She loves to read books, go for walks and snuggle.
- She can take three steps by herself but I wouldn't say she is walking just yet
- Claire loves animals and her dogs. Tina lets Claire poke her eyeball...poor dogs, but they love her as much as I do.
- Claire is the only grandchild on both sides of the family so she gets lots of attention and gifts...I am trying super hard to make sure she isn't a spoiled princess ;)
- Claire is the best thing that has ever happened to us and I am so lucky to spend everyday with her. The first year went by so fast! We love you Claire!!!

9 comments:

Meredith said...

Happy 1st Birthday, Claire! It looks like you had a great birthday party!

Lesli said...

Happy Birthday Claire!! So...with your first year of college taken care of....are you Tech-bound?? (What a great gift, BTW!! We're still paying for our college.)

Vandi said...

Happy Birthday Claire!!! What sweet pictures of her. That is so awesome that her first year of college is paid for! What a fabulous gift. I would've cried, too!

Kelly S. said...

I would have cried at that gift as well!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY CLAIRE!

Nothing said...

Happy Birthday Claire! Looks like you had a smash!

amy said...

Happy 1st Birthday sweet girl!!!

Grandmom said...

We loved celebrating Claire's 1st birthday with her. She has the sweetest disposition and is a joy to be around. Pop-Pop and Grandmom love her very much.

Anonymous said...

I miss you already Claire! Crawl through that tunnel when you get a chance...it's fun! Happy 1st birthday!

etphonehome21 said...

Happy First Birthday Claire! Gracie hopes you're having a fantastic day and wants to hang out soon. :)