This morning for breakfast I gave Claire a little bit of peanut butter on some toast since she is a year old now. Bad idea. Almost instantly she broke out in a rash and hives. It looked like she was attacked by fire ants. These pictures don't show how bad it was...it was much worse in person. Her voice also got raspy which scared me so I called the doctor and they told me to give her Benedryl and a bath and to watch her breathing...which scared me even more. Ten minutes after the medicine and bath she is all better (thank God)! No peanuts for Claire for awhile. The icing on the cake is that she is scheduled to take her 1 year pictures today...
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
No PBJs for Claire. I'm glad she's ok!
Poor Claire!! I'm glad you discovered it right away and could help her!! How scary!
Poor baby...and Mommy! Glad she's doing fine now and hopefully she'll outgrow it!
I would be so scared, I'm glad everything turned out okay in the end. There was a segment on the Today show this morning about allergies for children. I'll try to find a link and send it to you.
Oh my! Poor Claire & poor Mommy! I know that was scary. Hopefully she'll grow out of the peanut allergy!
I'm glad she's ok. How scary!
An eventful morning...Mommy handled it like a pro...I'm proud of you!
Poor Claire! We need to remember to keep her away from peanut anything at our get togethers!!
Hey girl - it's Debi from Stroller Strides. Hope Claire had a great birthday....stay away from those peanuts....how scary! I'm adding you to my blog stalker list:)
So glad to hear she's fine! How scary!
Hey, I want to send you a birth announcement. Can you e-mail me your address? kelly.surratt@sbcglobal.net
THANKS!
Post a Comment