Friday, September 4, 2009

My Favorite Things

I bought Claire these pots and pans since she is constantly pulling out mine and she loves them!

Claire loves to climb onto her toy box and read.



She loves to brush her teeth.


And take a bath.

Two funny stories this week: Notice our new white, updated kitchen cabinets in the first picture. We are finally updating the kitchen and it looks great. Well while my parents were here last week they bought Claire some crayons and colored pencils. How fun, right? I was making dinner last night (putting a frozen lasagna in the oven) and I heard pencil on wood! Oh no! I ran over and sure enough she was writing on the newly painted white walls with a red pencil. I grabbed the pencil out of her hand and yelled "Did you do this?!" She looked me in the eye and said "Yes." I tried not to laugh and said "You did this?" and again immediately she said "Yeah." Her face was priceless and all I could do was thank her for being honest with me and I told her when her Dad got home he would be very mad. Yeah right. Also let me thank my Dad for teaching her to put the crayons on her lips like lipstick...it took all of 3 seconds for her to start eating the crayons...
Story #2: I stopped at Sonic on the way home from errands and when we got home I took her out of her car seat then grabbed for my slush. I squeezed too hard and it started pouring out all over the place. I'm not going to tell you the words that were coming out of my mouth but the next thing I hear Claire say is "Oh...it's raining!" Of course I started laughing...I wish it rained Sonic slush.

4 comments:

CJAS said...

Claire is TOO cute :) You're going to have cool abstract paintings on your cabinets :)

amy said...

I love white cabinets! She is such a doll and I love hearing her funny stories : )

Czarina said...

Ha! She's so funny :-)

Grandmom said...

Please tell me the pencil washed off the new cabinets (I know the crayons were washable...don't know about the pencils) You are lucky that all she said was "it's raining" and didn't repeat the words you were saying!