Thursday, September 24, 2009
Swine Flu
It's official...Claire has type A flu which apparently 90% of the time is swine flu. Yesterday Claire was running around the playground feeling great, then in the afternoon at a play group she suddenly became very clingy and cranky. She didn't feel warm to me but I thought we better leave just in case...I didn't want to get anyone else sick if she was coming down with something. When we got home I took her temperature and it was 103.1! I gave her some Motrin and an hour later it dropped down to 102. She slept through the night fine and in the morning I took her to the Dr. Of course by this morning she had no fever and was feeling fine, but sure enough when they tested her it came back positive. The Dr. said the symptoms would last about 3 days and all she really needs is fluids and rest. Basically this flu has been like a cold. Not really a big deal and Claire hasn't had a fever since and is eating and acting normally. If this is the swine flu then the media has totally hyped it up. The biggest surprise of the day was that she only weighs 21 pounds! Anyways, the moral of the story is get your flu shots...I got mine last week and ironically Claire was supposed to get hers next week but we pushed it back a week...she can still get the regular flu. As soon as the swine flu vaccine comes out I am getting it too. I hope no one else gets it, but it's not as scary as it sounds! Stay healthy!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm much more worried about getting the regular flu! Poor Claire.
Post a Comment