Sunday, September 27, 2009

Weekend in Houston





























Friday night Brad, Claire and I drove to Houston to visit my parents and to go to the Tech/Houston football game. On Sat. we visited our friends Todd and Vandi at their new house in Kingwood and went to lunch with them and Cambria! It was fun to watch the girls play together. That night my Dad, Brad and I went to the game while my Mom and sister spent time with Claire. My Dad (aka Clark W. Griswold from National Lampoon's Vacation) spent all day getting ready for our tailgate. He even climbed up into the attic to get his little grill! The game didn't even start until 8:30 so we had plenty of time to cook our burgers with all the other Tech fans. My dad got his MBA at U of H years ago but he was still cheering for Tech! We got to meet up with Todd and Vandi again before the game...then into the stadium we went. I got to sit with Czarina and her family so that was fun!!! She let me borrow her "Future Red Raider on Board" t-shirt and she totally understood my love/hate for Tech football. The game was good...a close one...but we lost by one point and it wasn't over until 12:30. My ankles and feet were so swollen. Did I mention my dad went to U of H...he managed to get us lost on the way to the parking lot somehow. Oh, and I slipped and fell in some mud...good times! We got home around 1:30am and drove back Sunday. We are super tired but we had lots of fun!!! Thanks Mom and Dad and Alli!

4 comments:

Czarina said...

Kick the d@mn FIELD GOAL!!!!!

It was fun sitting with ya'll! Glad to see Craig and I aren't the only loud and angry Tech fans out there.

Craig and Brad should become friends - they have us in common and we're awesome.

amy said...

So much fun! Hope to see you this week!

Brad said...

Czarina ... I'm a mess at Tech games. My usual level-headed, reserved disposition tends to morph into crazy,yelling-nonsensical-things guy.

Had fun at the game and enjoyed meeting you and Craig.

Grandmom said...

I had the best seat......on the couch with Miss Claire! Poor Dad, he didn't get to do enought tail gating with you all(Lisa, Alli, Joey) in college, so takes advantage of every opportunity! We were exhausted also on Sunday..me from being "grandmom" and Dad from trapesing all over the UofH campus and getting to bed at about 2:00 a.m.