Sunday, January 3, 2010

Alamo Bowl











On Sat. morning we left for San Antonio for the Tech/Michigan State bowl game! We met my parents at the hotel which was right on the Riverwalk and immediately headed to lunch. My Dad wanted to take Claire to The Rainforest Cafe which is right on the river. She loved it...the elephants made her a little nervous, but we enjoyed a great lunch. Then we walked the Riverwalk for a few hours. At that point I needed to go back to the room and rest since I had a long night ahead of me. The game didn't start until 8:00 and it was quite a walk from our hotel, but I made it! Did I mention our seats were on the second to last row...as in the rafters?! I think I walked up 6,000 stairs. The game was awesome...we won!!! Then the long journey back. We got to the room around 1:00am and I was exhausted. My Mom stayed at the hotel and watched Claire for us so that was awesome. I think I was having some pretty strong contractions for awhile, but this morning I feel better. We are home now and I think I'm going to take it easy. it was a fun weekend, the last time I travel anywhere until after the baby is born!

3 comments:

Brad said...

Hootie Hooooooo! Go Red Raiders!!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

well you looked fabulous!! love the red sweater. glad you represented Texas Tech girls well (even the knocked up kind;)

Grandmom said...

I think I had the best seat...on the bed in the hotel room with my favorite little person!