Tuesday, January 5, 2010

First Day of School






Today was Claire's first day at Mother's Day Out at Holy Cross Lutheran Church. She goes with her two friends Gracie and Liberty. They go twice a week...Tuesday and Thursday from 9:30 to 3:00. I was nervous when I dropped her off of course. She went right into the room and cried only after I made the mistake of trying to say goodbye. Apparently she stopped pretty soon after I left. I went and had coffee with my friend Marissa and we talked about the girls. then I came home and tried to figure out what to do with my free time. it was weird...I felt like I was missing a limb and I swear I heard Claire a few times in the house. I did some chores around the house, hung some things on the wall in Aubrey's room and took a bath. Next thing I knew it was time to go get her! The teacher said she and the girls did great for a first day! Claire even took a nap which shocked me. I'm excited to have a break...I will need the rest here at the end of my pregnancy and it will help now that I have to go to the Dr. every week from here on out. My only concern is her getting sick more often and the fact that she has a peanut allergy makes me a little nervous. But she did great and she is such a big girl!

8 comments:

amy said...

Wow, sounds like she had a great day...with a nap even!

Anonymous said...

I think the rule is that if the backpack is bigger than the child they shouldn't be at school yet ;)

Czarina said...

awesome! She looks so grown up.

Nothing said...

Claire gets the gold star for being the only one of the three that napped! I'm so glad today went well for all of us...and them!

Grandmom said...

She really is the most adaptable child....I wouldn't know anything about that! She looks so cute!

etphonehome21 said...

So glad that Gracie gets to go to school with her best buds. And yes, her backpack is bigger than her!!!

Heather said...

Yay for Claire! I've been contemplating putting Daniel in a MDO class. I'm so glad to hear it went well for Claire!!

CJAS said...

Good job Claire :) such an adorable big girl :)