Monday, January 18, 2010

1st Real Haircut





I took Claire to get her hair cut for the first time this morning. I've trimmed it a few times but she's never had to sit in a chair and have a full blown cut. I took her to Cool Cuts and she did great! She watched the movie they had on and sat in her car and ate a lolly pop. The haircut...not as good. Never utter the word bangs to someone holding scissors. I asked for her hair to be out of her face, it will take 3 months for her hair to grow long enough to be even close to her eyes now! Just in time for her 2 year old pictures and all the pictures that will be taken with the new baby. I might start calling her Loyd from Dumb and Dumber. I keep telling her how pretty she is just in case she glances in a mirror and realizes what I've done to her ;) It will grow out and there are bigger problems in the world, I know. But I'm putting in the baby book that her first haircut was not a total success!

13 comments:

CJAS said...

I'll make sure to compliment Claire's new hairstyle next time I see her this week :) I can show her one of my old pics where my bangs were not even and struggling when I was 3 . . . it's like a rite of passage :):) Claire is still BEAUTIFUL :)

Marissa said...

Could have made those bangs a wee bit longer! Nothing will ever stop her from being cute though!

amy said...

She still looks adorable! The good news is the haircut will prob make her hair grow faster and thicker...that's what it did to Lilly's.

Czarina said...

She's still a cutie! And you know what - Lloyd Christmas rules! "Mock! Ing! Sing! Ing! Bird!"

BIGGS BROTHERS said...

oh my gosh im laughing so hard it hurts :) i love dumb and dumber its one of my favorite movies! claire looks soooo cute but please tell me you didn't pay for this or leave a tip??? lol!

Grandmom said...

She's still my adorable little girl. Years from now she'll look back at these pics and laugh, and blame Mom!

Giggles said...

I think her hair looks cute.

Brad said...

"Our pets HEADS ARE FALLING OFF!" Unlike Lloyd ... she make this haircut look good!

Unknown said...

Lisa, i was totally cracking up at the post. BUT, Claire's new do is precious and very trendy. Too cute!

PS I wanted to post a dumb & dumber quote but Czarina and Brad used both my favorites:)

Anonymous said...

"Big gulps eh?... Well, see you later."

I think she's ahead of the curve on this trend.

Maggie, Todd, Jackson, and Tucker too! said...

She is still so adorable. Thank goodness the bangs happened now and not in 2nd grade when kids are mean! You know for sure none of her friends will even notice her new do! :)

etphonehome21 said...

I laughed so hard at this post, but you are totally exaggerating. She looked great today at MDO. But it will not be a while before I cut Gracie's hair...

Heather said...

Claire still looks cute!!! But I must admit that your post made me laugh quite a bit... and not because of the pictures. I could just picture your face and hear your voice as you talked about the whole experience. lol Hey, it could be a lot worse... Claire could have a bald spot from cutting her own hair! (That day could still be yet to come) ;)