Saturday, March 7, 2009

The Plague and the Irish Festival






























































Well, we survived "the plague." One week after Claire got sick she is finally just about back to her old self. I still don't want her around any kids until Monday, but we figured it was safe to push her around in a stroller at the Irish Festival in Dallas. The first thing I did was get a Guinness! Nothing like a Mom pushing her baby in a stroller with a beer in her hand! We listened to Irish music, ate Irish food and shopped a little. I bought a t-shirt and almost bought a blanket with the McDermott coat of arms (my maiden name for those of you who didn't know). Claire was a good girl. While we were waiting for one of the shows to start we let her out to walk around and she was warming up the crowd. She would walk by everyone and wave...so cute! Also, apparently you can bring your dogs so she was in heaven...constantly pointing and smiling at all the dogs. It was a fun day...if only I could have convinced Brad to buy a kilt...

10 comments:

CJAS said...

So glad to see that Claire is better :) We missed you guys all week :) Lisa - you look so cute with that hat:)
We hope to see you soon next week :) Joanne & Adrien

Heather said...

What? He didn't get a kilt? I think he was given one one Christmas from our Aunt Suzy, who would always give odd gifts from various countries she had visited. So glad Claire is back to her old self. :)

amy said...

So glad to hear Claire is feeling better! Cute pics!

Kelly S. said...

Lucie now has the "plague". Also know as RSV. We have been admitted to the hospital... and wont be getting out today. And the cherry on top? It all happened on my Birthday!

Glad Claire is better! She's a cutie!

etphonehome21 said...

So fun! We were supposed to go, but instead installed 2 big girl car seats in our cars. We could have used a Guinness after that. :)

Unknown said...

Babies and Beer - 2 of my favorite things:)

Grandmom said...

Looks like all three of you survived the "plague"....it's as hard on the parents as the sick child! I miss my baby girl.

Lesli said...

Make sure Brad knows that when he wears a kilt, he has to go commando!!

It was a lot of fun. Too bad we were both there on different days. Next year we'll take the girls together!!

Brad said...

More blog! I'm bored at work.

Unknown said...

Erin Go Bragh!

Get back to work Brad