Monday, March 2, 2009
A trip to the ER
Today was a rough day for Claire. She has been throwing up since Sat. night so I took her to the Dr. this morning. She has no appetite, was not taking in any fluids and was pretty lethargic. So he sent me to Arlington Memorial Hospital for some tests to see how her electrolytes were. So we headed over to the lab around lunch and they drew blood from her finger. We went home and got the results around 3:00pm. They were low and we were then sent to Cook's Children's Hospital in Ft. Worth so she could get IV fluids. Luckily, Brad was home today because he had to work last night at a job site...but of course he is extra tired after being up all night and at the hospital all day. Claire's pediatrician (Dr. Raine) is the best...he called the ER at Cook's and was able to get us into a room so we didn't have to wait in the emergency room. The Dr. that treated Claire even said how great Dr. Raine is! So we are home now after 4 hours of being at the hospital. Claire felt better once she was hydrated and is now sleeping. I hope she is in the mood for some liquids and maybe even some food tomorrow so we don't end up back at the hospital! It seems to be a virus that is going around so be aware. I am exhausted...I'm just glad she isn't so limp and listless anymore. there is nothing worse than watching your baby suffer!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Poor sweet Claire. I'm glad ya'll are home & I hope she is a new woman tomorrow. For her sake & yours!
oh my gosh - poor Claire. Give her a hug from Garrett.
I said prayers for her all day yesterday. Wish I could have been there with you to hold both my babies' hands.
It sure was tough to watch Claire cry while the nurses were sticking her with needles! I had to back away because I was getting angry that it was taking so long, and the last thing that the nurse needed in that moment was an angry dad breathing over shoulder.
I'm glad she's feeling better!
It breaks my heart to think of sweet Claire being so sick! Thanks for the head up about the virus...we are staying out of Stroller Strides this week for that very reason!
I hated having to go through this with Gracie and hope Claire is feeling better today. When she was sick all she wanted to do was sleep on me which made me miss her being a newborn.
So sorry to hear that Claire had to go to the ER. If you need anything let me know :) I hope she'll feel more like drinking today ! Good luck ! Joanne
Post a Comment